It has been a hard week for K-Pop fans. Between the blackmail case involving GLAM‘s Dahee as a perpetrator, Kim Hyun Joong‘s alleged assault to the worst thing we could imagine, the death of Ladies Code members EunB and RiSe from a horrible car accident that has also left member Sojung seriously injured, we have just been rolling around in sadness and shock all week. On top of that, there hasn’t been much happening in music to cheer us up. All in all, we’re all mopey and crying here at Officially KMusic.
We are trying to cheer up of course and we want our readers to as well. I took a little unofficial poll of our writers, as well as some of my friends and have come up with this list of “8 Great Things To Brighten Your Day” when you need it. This is our go-to list, no matter how big or small the issue is, there’s something here that is bound to cheer you up.
1. Onew oh Onew. You are the fearless leader of SHINee but you are one silly man. Onew is a universal favorite amongst the staff here so his inclusion in this list is no shock.
2. BTS is pretty much as well known for their humor and shenanigans as they are for their music and dancing. They are a new addition to the K-Pop humor train, but this is so good that several of us, myself especially, have said this to non-K-Pop fans. They did not get it of course, but I laughed enough for both of us.
3. I admit to having never seen this until one of our writers shared it with me. I now wonder how I’ve lived my life without this meme.
4. This is one of my favorite songs and when I’m particularly sad, for some reason this song just lifts me back up and makes me feel like I can conquer the world. Hause Rulez is amazing like that.
5. Lay from EXO makes some great facial expressions. His utter confusion here works in a variety of situations and makes us wonder what on earth has occurred that has baffled him so.
6. Look at that, the combination of two great things: the Old Spice commercials and K-Pop Ab Royalty. Minho is the logical choice for this, since he’s known far and wide as Minho the Over-Acheiver.
7. Xiumin being a bit of a creeper. Never gets old, never fails to make us laugh.
8. This Eat Your Kimchi video is a new addition to the K-Pop themed funnies, but when one of the editors and I watched it yesterday in between looking for updates, we laughed so hard we had to back it up several times. This is pure comedic gold and should not be missed.
And, as a bonus, what has to be the happiest song on earth. I dare you to not smile while you listen to this one:
And as a bonus bonus, here’s a little gem I stumbled upon while writing this:
Are you smiling yet? I hope so! This stuff ranges from silly to feel good, I will be so shocked if you are untouched by it. Do you have any thing you use when you need a pick-me-up? Share it in the comments, we all need more stuff to make us happy!
Edited by: KareBare
MORE RELATED ARTICLES