B.I (Kim Hanbin) the leader of YG‘s Entertainment rookie group iKON has gained undeserved attention lately for his father’s crimes.
B.I’s father Kim Jung Ju, is the former CEO of Seunghwa Freetech and he is being charged for embezzlement of 4.2 billion KRW.
According to Seoul Southern District Court, Kim Jung Ju and Mr. Kang have been arrested for illegal political funds and illegal slush funds. From June to August of 2014, the two have raised $1.81 billion USD from the investors by making fraudulent company statements. In addition, they shared $2.4 million USD for personal expenses. Currently, the police is tracing Mr. Kang because he has gone missing. Seunghwa Freetech stocks have also been temporary halted for any trading.
Victims of the fraud are not ok with B.I debuting because lot of them think that B.I’s fashionable clothes came from his dad’s “dirty” money. They are going so far as to tell YG stans to stop supporting him since the victims have harder time than a trainee who lives “good life” and has a big company to provide for him.
How do you think YG is going to respond to this whole situation? Do you feel that iKON’s planned debut should be postponed, or even worse, that B.I. should drop out of the group?
From my point of view B.I. has the least blame in this whole sitation. He worked so hard to do what he was born to do and that’s music. Such talented young boy being bashed for something like this…, it doesn’t make sense. As for the victims, I don’t defend his father, he is going to pay for his crimes, but why does he needs to suffer the consequences of his father’s wrongdoings? He really needs a lot of support from us to focus on his debut, because this doesn’t just affect him but all his members.
Even though one of our Editor-Unnie’s tells us all the time not to read comments on negative press, we thought it was important to share with you some of the comments being left on other sites in regards to this issue. Do you agree with them? Let us know.
- [+346, -20] It’s not Kim Hanbin that I feel sorry for but all of the victims involved.
- [+275, -9] Knowing how hard BI worked for his dream, it’s upsetting to hear this… but ㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ from the perspective of the victims, I’d cry too if I had to watch the son of someone who ruined my life doing fine on TV like that;;
- [+224, -10] (Paste of a blog post of BI’s neighbor who wrote about how his father paid for all of the expenses for their vacation to Macau including a yacht trip)
- [+169, -11] As expected, look at the YG fans shielding this already. I do feel bad that he’s getting hate just for the association but YG fans have no right to demand that these articles be taken down when Han Hyo Joo is getting just as much hate for her association with her dongseng.
- [+157, -91] If you have any brains at all, you wouldn’t feel bad for BI. You feel bad for him because he trained for 5 years? It’s not like he focused entirely and only on music. Who do you think paid for all of the expensive snapbacks, clothes, and shoes that he wore? That all came from the money his father embezzled out of innocent people, you idiots. Over 300 are victims in this scandal, it’ll be a miracle if nobody commits suicide at the end of all this. Over 18.1 billion won has been lost in this scandal… money that was used by BI’s family to take their neighbors out on vacation with. Be honest with yourselves. You’re not feeling sorry for him, you’re scared that you won’t be able to see BI anymore on TV.
- [+151, -15] I can’t believe people are sympathetic with BI. You really think you can shield that? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Don’t hate on him just because it’s his parent’s fault and not his? With that logic, you should go and defend the descendants of war criminals too.
- [+129, -14] As if BI isn’t involved with this… who do you think paid for all of the luxury stuff he buys? Think of the victims, not your fangirling.
Edited by: LeighDarling
MORE RELATED ARTICLES