On December 4, SONES and many others celebrate the 28th (27th international) birthday of SNSD’s Yuri.
Yuri was born in Goyang, Gyeonggi, South Korea on December 5, 1989. She has one older brother, Kwon Hyuk-jun.She auditioned at the S.M. Entertainment Casting System and joined the company in 2001 after finishing in second place in the 2001 SM Youth Best Dancer Contest. She then underwent training for 5 years and 11 months before her debut. She graduated from Neunggok High School in 2008. She and Sooyoung were appointed as Chung-Ang University new ambassadors on May 20, 2014. On February 15, 2016, she graduated with a degree in Theater and Film as well as receiving a Lifetime Achievement Award as Honorary Ambassador of the school at the graduation ceremony.
Her nicknames are: Yul, Kkab-Yul (hyper/playful Yul), Kwon Seobang (Husband Kwon), Kwon Banjang (Class-President Kwon), BK Yuri, blackpearl.
Some facts of Yuri:
- When Yuri is focused on something, she doesn’t pay attention to other things.
- Yuri cries most of the time, if she’s talking about members.
- Once Yuri cried in IY, because she spoke about Tiffany that cares for her a lot.
- Yuri is thinking about the member when she’s acting crying in K.Will‘s MV (Jeon Hyunmoo’s Freeway Radio – Sooyoung & Yuri cut.
- Yuri hopes Sooyoung would play with her on rest days.
- Yuri has a slapping habit.
- Yuri was said to be the member that has the most pride of being an SNSD member by more than 1 psychologist
- Yuri acts feminine when a handsome guy is near her.
- Yuri can’t play badminton well
- Yuri had a mischievous childhood
To celebrate Yuri’s birthday, let’s look at some highlights of her life:
Her debut with SNSD:
Her solo stage:
Her friendship with Kang Minhyuk: