Here at Officially Kmusic, we recently released what we believed to be the top ten high notes hit by males in K-Pop.
We couldn’t leave out the lovely ladies who make up many K-Pop groups – and some of them can hit those high soprano with finesse and grace. Here’s our top ten!
10. SISTAR are known for their soprano style in many of their songs. One memorable one is their hit summer song “Loving U“:
9. Though she may be young as a K-Pop 96 liner, Lee Hi‘s vocal abilities are much more mature for her age. Check out this live performance of “Rose“:
8. Gain from Brown Eyed Girls has a unique voice of her own which she showcases in her solo acts. This performance of the song “Bloom” from her second album shows her high note abilities quite clearly!
7. Though all of Hello Venus show their talents and their high vocal ranges in this performance of “Like a Wave“, the range and enthusiasm that Alice showcases is something you don’t want to miss!
6. Minx is one of the newest rookie groups of 2014, but their vocalist Siyeon has already proven she has a voice that will make her stand out! Her vocal work in their debut single “Why Did You Come to My Home?” had me captured instantly! Her high note at the end of this live performance is flawlessly performed:
5. Eunji of A Pink has wowed with her vocal ability since debut. We can see her shine in this performance of “My My” from 2011.
4. Though they may have just come back with a new single, Girls Generation‘s subunit TTS wowed us when they debuted with “Twinkle“:
3. Superstar BoA can do no wrong with her vocal ability (especially paired with incredible dancing – how does she do it?!), as seen as her song ‘Only One‘:
2. The ladies of Girl’s Day showcase their belting capabilities with their memorable empowerment anthem, “Female President“:
1. Last, but certainly not least, one of the most memorable, longest held notes of K-Pop was performed by IU in her hit “Good Day”. That three octave range is something you can never forget!
So what do you think, readers? Does this list do the female singers of K-Pop justice, or would you swap someone out? Of course, this is only the tip of the iceberg in the many female vocalists that make up K-Pop. Let us know your picks below!
Edited by: LeighDarling